Avocado Fries with Stonebarn Truffle Salt & Stonebarn Truffle Aioli Dip
Avocado fries – deep fried or oven baked, the choice is yours. Either option is a great low-carb substitute for the traditional carb-loaded fries. These are so simple to make with very few ingredients and are really brought to life with Stonebarn Truffle Salt and Stonebarn Truffle Aioli dip.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes (5 mins deep fried)
Total Time: 25 mintues
- 3 avocados
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp Stonebarn Truffle Salt
- Break an egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork. In another bowl, mix the almond meal with Stonebarn Truffle Salt.
- Slice each avocado in half and take out the stone.
- Remove the skin from both halves.
- Slice each avocado vertically into 4 or 5 pieces (depending on the size of the avocado).
- Turn on the oven to 220 degrees celsius (if deep frying, heat your fryer to about 180 degrees celsius).
- Coat each slice of avocado in the egg.
- Roll each egg-coated slice of avocado in the almond meal until you cannot see the green of the avocado anymore.
- Place avocado slices onto a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. (If deep frying, carefully lower each avocado slice into the fryer and allow to fry between 45 seconds and 1 minute until a light brown).
- Transfer fries to a serving bowl and add extra Stonebarn Truffle Salt to taste.
- Serve with Stonebarn Truffle Aioli dip and enjoy while hot and crispy!